George Jones and Son (Contractors) Ltd provides painting, decorating, and property & building maintenance services to a variety of clients across the UK. We recognise that our operations generate a significant environmental impact, therefore we are pro-active in seeking ways to reduce our impact day on day.
Our Environmental Management System (EMS) has been developed and implemented, covering the management and operations of the Company, which is a statement that documents the core principles of the EMS. We have also been awarded with ISO14001 demonstrating our commitment to the environment in reducing the impact to our surroundings.
George Jones is committed to continual improvement and pollution prevention and objectives and targets are established and reviewed on a periodic basis. These address (amongst other issues) the following key objectives:
- Waste management and focus on waste minimisation on-site and in office.
- Energy and fuel efficiency demonstrated via our Quartix system.
- Efficient resourcing and use of materials from sustainable sources where possible.
- Awareness and understanding of environmental issues amongst employees and contractors.
- Integration and partnering with our Suppliers & Customers on the recycling of our waste
We commit to ensuring compliance with legal and other requirements, which may include tender specifications, any aspects associated with the business, and any other requirements from organisations to which the company subscribes or works with.